School has been out for much longer than usual and this fall is going to be anything but ordinary. We love our kids, but let’s face it, sometimes we need a little bit of quiet to focus on work, cleaning, and even ourselves. Here are 5 different nature-inspired craft ideas to keep your kids busy so you don’t have to be!
- I remember loving making a bird feeder as a kid. I used the classic pinecone and peanut butter method, but here’s a great list of ideas from Non-Toy Gifts that involve repurposing common household items.
- Try out these DIY Twig Triangle Wreaths from A Pretty Fix if you’re looking for a new seasonal decoration. They’re cute, easy, and only take a few minutes to make!
- These DIY Dreamcatchers from The Upcycled Family are a great way to make art from nature. You can find most of the supplies right in your backyard. This would be a great craft idea to share with young kids or college students looking for dorm decor.
- Everybody loves playdough! Instead of using artificial colorings, try using dandelions to dye the dough. We learned how to make this nature-inspired playdough from Parenting Chaos. Click here to try it out!
- Sustain My Craft Habit shared this gorgeous idea for a maple leaf paperweight! This project doesn’t seem too hard, but you might want to supervise the kids in case it gets messy. Once you’re finished, the kids won’t be able to walk by without picking it up!
Here at Orr’s we feel lucky to spend so much time outdoors. We’re inspired by nature every day and, whether it’s a recipe or a craft, we love to see what you come up with. If you don’t have time to make a craft, check out our online ordering system and see what nature-inspired gifts we have at the market. We’re open Monday through Saturday, 10am to 5pm and from 10am to 4pm on Sunday. Happiness grows here!