October is pumpkin season! From pies, decorating, to plucking them straight from the patch. Carving might be the staple of all of those activities, but what to do with all of the gooey pumpkin insides? We have the solution! And it’s a recipe! After you have successfully removed the pulp, clean off those seeds and throw them in the oven for a nice snack. Check out this recipe we found from Taste of Home.
Roasted Pumpkins Seeds
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- (optional) 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 250°. Toss seeds with remaining ingredients; spread evenly into a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase oven setting to 325°. Bake until dry and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
This pumpkin seeds recipe is a great way to use your pumpkin guts! If you still haven’t gotten your pumpkin’s yet stop on by to pick your own! Go to our website for more information about our pumpkin patch and stop by Monday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm and between 10am and 4pm on Sunday. We hope to see you soon. Happiness grows here!