Happy National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month!
We are super excited to celebrate National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month! June is the perfect time to acknowledge these staple products because the growing season is in full swing. Fruits and vegetables are ripening up and in-season. This month we wanted to remind you how important fruits and vegetables are.
- Fruits and vegetables are full of nutrients like calcium, iron, fiber, Vitamin C, and more, which keep your body strong and healthy!
- They’re low in calories, and because they contain fiber, they actually fill you up.
- Fruits and vegetables are also delicious regardless of how they are prepared. Fresh, frozen, grilled, steamed, or juiced, there is a tasty way to get the nutrients you need no matter how much time you have.
- They contain Phytochemicals that protect you from diseases like type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart disease, high blood pressure, and cancer.
- Some studies suggest that eating fruits and vegetables benefits the environment as well!
Here at Orr’s, we have a variety of local vegetables and fresh fruits, and we can’t wait to see you! Step outside for some much needed fresh air and reserve your time slot for a socially distanced pick-your-own experience! Now you can enjoy the experience of picking your own crops without the crowds. We’re open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm and on Sundays from 10am to 4pm. Happiness grows here— and so do fruits and vegetables!