There are tons of fun ways to celebrate Father’s Day, but the most important part of any plan is to show him how much he means to you. Whether your dad likes movies, hiking, cooking, or games, there’s a creative way to make sure he feels valued even during quarantine! Here are some ideas that we came up with to make sure this Father’s Day is special.
- Surprise him with a hike, even if it’s just through the woods in your backyard. This is a great idea for people who haven’t been quarantining with their dad because you can keep an appropriate distance.
- Have a family game night. Whether it’s cards or sports, most dads love to play games. Let your dad pick the game or spend some time outside passing a ball between the two of you. This can be fun for the two of you or the whole family.
- Write him a nice card. Telling your dad that he’s appreciated might be worth more to him than any present you could pick out. Write him a note or draw him a picture and he will most likely cherish it forever.
- Order his favorite meal. If your dad typically cooks, give him a break from the kitchen and order something you know he likes. This will show him you’ve been paying attention, and is also a great opportunity to support local businesses!
- Throw him a party over Zoom. Zoom is a great way to connect with the people you weren’t able to quarantine with. Schedule a meeting when the whole family can get together. You can also get creative and play games over zoom, like trivia.
- Prepare his favorite meal. Everyone loves a home-cooked meal. Show your dad how much he means to you by cooking his favorite meal. This can also be applied to families that aren’t quarantining together. If you want to do something for your dad, but need to social distance, cook for him and drop it off at his door with a loving note.
Father’s Day can still be special during the pandemic! We wouldn’t be where we are today without the men who raised us, so make sure to do something that’s as special as they are. If you need help coming up with a recipe, here’s one for Maple Bacon Double Cheese Burgers that we found from Food Network that sounds delicious!
If you’re short on ingredients for dinner this Father’s Day, check out our online ordering system and see what we have in stock. We’re open Monday through Saturday 10am to 5pm and on Sundays from 10am to 4pm. Happy Father’s Day!