Apples, Apples, Apples! What to do with all of those apples! They do say an apple a day keeps the doctor away… but they never specified exactly how to eat that apple! You could bite right into it, cut it up, drink it in a smoothie, or make it into a sweet dish. We have a great apple crisp recipe for you from Taste of Home.
Winning Apple Crisp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish or a 9-in. square baking pan. Cover with apples.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thick and clear. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
1 serving: 426 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
If you’ve already eaten all of your apples or need some fresh ones, we have plenty to go around! Go to our website to use our online ordering system and have your apples ready for pick up! We’re open from 10am to 5pm, Monday through Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday. Happiness grows here!