As one of nature’s chief superfoods, our blueberries are plump and pretty, ready for you and the family to pick, eat and repeat! We look forward to watching the berry-stained faces and fingers as families leave with their baskets of berries at the end of their trip.
Besides being locally grown, our blueberries’ tang will have you coming back for more. You can pick-your-own for $3.29/lb. or $3.09/lb. if you purchase 10 lbs. or more. We’ll also have pre-picked blueberries at the market for your convenience.
Blueberries = Big Benefits
Blueberries are one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world and contain a ton of power-packed benefits for your health mentally and physically. Blueberries are known to:
- lower blood pressure
- manage diabetes
- reduce the risk of cancer
- improve mental health
- aid healthy digestion
Plus, blueberries are loaded with antioxidants which help ward off malicious molecules that can lead to a wide range of illnesses and chronic diseases.
If you like to listen to your sweet tooth more than you like to hear what the doctor says, we’re sharing a favorite recipe that at least has this superfood as one of its ingredients. Try this as a Sunday treat, or bring this creation to your next backyard barbecue!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust, defrosted
- 4 c. blueberries
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 cornstarch
- kosher salt
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 2/3 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss blueberries with sugar, cornstarch and a pinch of salt. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut butter-oat streusel. In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, oats, peanut butter, cinnamon, and flour. Stir with a fork until you form small crumbles. Place on top of blueberry mixture.
- Bake until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. If the streusel is browning too quickly, cover with foil.
We’ll be bountiful with berries now and throughout most of July. We hope you’ll see us, pick berries, and most importantly make memories with your family on the farm. If the Peanut and Butter Jelly Pie looked too good to resist, we want you to comment below and let us know how yours turned out!