Looking to try something new this Memorial Day? Look no further!
We know just what you need to spice up your Memorial Day cookout—a bison burger! Bison is high in protein and B vitamins, and as easy to make as any other beef burger. Follow this recipe from The Daily Meal to create a truly memorable burger for you and your guests this holiday.
(The following recipe serves four, so be sure to make adjustments as needed to meet the needs of your partygoers.)
- 1-pound ground bison
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 shakes Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil spray, to coat
- Preheat grill
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and form into 4 patties (or several smaller patties, if you so desire).
- Lightly spray or coat the outside of the burgers with olive oil to prevent sticking to the grill’s surface.
- Grill on the first side until the juices just start to come through. Turn and cook to desired doneness (160-degree internal temperature).
- Let burgers sit for 5-10 minutes to allow juices to settle back into the meat.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings!
With a total cook time of about 10 minutes, this recipe is a breeze that’s sure to please!
Not sure where to get your bison? Call or stop by Orr’s Farm Market! We’ve been raising bison for over a decade, and we stock burgers that are perfect for your next cookout. These items go fast, so be sure to give us a call before to check our inventories before spreading the word to all your friends!