Each year parents, students, and employees look forward to their favorite three-day weekend. It gives us a glimpse into warm weather, summer activities, and fresh meals off the grill. Memorial Day is usually celebrated with cook-outs, beach trips, parades, and 5k’s, but it’s also a time to wave your American flags with pride for our country and remembrance of the people who have fought and sacrificed for our freedom. We might not be able to host our typical Memorial Day events this year, but we can still take time to appreciate those who served.
Here is a simple, festive recipe we found from the blog “Dessert Now Dinner Later” to help you showcase your patriotic pride!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 ½ – 2lbs (24) fresh strawberries
- ½ cup of blueberries
- Cheesecake filling
- *Optional* 2 graham crackers – crushed
For the filling:
- 1 8oz package of Cream cheese
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Cut off the stems of the strawberries so they can sit nicely.
- Cut a deep “X” from the tip of the strawberry to the bottom. Make sure not to cut all the way through!
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into a bowl. Beat together until fluffy.
- Gently open the strawberry and pipe the filling in using a pastry bag. If you don’t have piping utensils, cutting the edge of a plastic bag works just as well!
- Top each strawberry with a fresh blueberry.
- *Optional* Sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top as a final touch.
These strawberries are best served after they have been refrigerated for at least one hour and can be stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container! If you need to purchase fresh fruit in order to make this red, white, and blue ensemble, check out our online ordering system. We grow strawberries on site!
Order online at https://orrsfarmmarket.com/store/ or stop by our drive thru. We’re open from 10am to 5pm, Monday through Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday.