Father’s Day is just around the corner, summer is almost here, and it’s just about time for sweet cherry season! Picking fresh sweet cherries is half the fun, and eating sweet cherries is the other half! Not sure where to put them? Look no further! We have the perfect sweet cherry recipe for you and dad to enjoy this Father’s Day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweet cherries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 400F
- In a mixer, combine dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, add the maple syrup, coconut oil, and milk. If your milk isn’t room temperature, stick it in the microwave. If it’s too cool it will harden the coconut oil.
- Add egg and wet mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Add cherries. Fold until combined.
- Grease muffin tins and add batter.
- Baked for 22-25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
For Glaze (make while muffins are baking)
- Juice lemon into a bowl.
- Add and whisk sugar in until it forms glaze.
Drizzle the glaze on top of your muffins just before serving for a satisfying, delicious treat that you and dad will love.
Did you know it’s sweet cherry season here at Orr’s Farm Market? Be sure to stop by to pick your cherries fresh for this recipe! You can make a whole day of it! Because what dad really wants this Father’s Day is to spend time with his loved ones.
Our summer hours are back in session! Stop by any time from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday or 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sundays. We can’t wait to see you! Happy Father’s Day from all of us here at Orr’s!